5 Reasons The Seahawks Are Dangerous
- No Turnovers – After watching the Redskins intercept Romo 3 times last week it is apparent the Redskins defense relies on turnovers. This doesn't bode well for them against Russell Wilson who has only thrown 10 interceptions all season.
- Momentum – Nothing is scarier than a playoff team with momentum, and that's exactly what Seattle has after winning 7 of their past 8 while outscoring their opponents 150-30 in the past 3 games. Whether they can keep this momentum after struggling against St. Louis last week is unknown, and the Skins have a little momentum of their own.
- Marshawn Lynch – Marshawn has been on a tear this season with 1,590 yards and 11 scores, leading the league's 3rd best run attack. And of course we all remember the last time he was in the playoffs...
- Russell Wilson is Heating Up – Over the first 6 games or so Seattle used Wilson as more of a game manager while letting their defense and Lynch carry them to victories. However they have been turning him loose lately and he's accepted the challenge scoring a total of 13 touchdowns in his last 5 games.
- They Have the Redskins Number – In the 2000s the Redskins have only made the playoffs twice, the 2005 and 2007 seasons. In both those seasons the same team ended their Super Bowl hopes...the Seattle Seahawks.
Written By Redskins Contributor Ben Gerow